A hectic work life calls for some family time and some me time. Additionally, the new year calls for some excitement. I am off to a vacation for the next 2 weeks and will mostly be logging in to WordPress to check on intellectual posts on my reader but wonder if I will post anything as my itinerary is tight. But, I promise to be back with lots of updates on my trip, once I am back. And I will keep the destination a secret for now. It’s going to be worth the wait, I promise 🙂
The standard question that pops up in discussions nowadays is the new year resolutions. Well I am not a keen believer of making a list on January 1 every year so as to forget all about them by 15th of the month.I am resolute about my goals and ambitions all through the year and work tirelessly to achieve them. With the end of the year arriving soon, this year I plan to start with a different perspective. I have prepared a mental note of few achievable feats but I would hate to call them resolutions. Goals would be a more apt word for them.So, here’s a list of my goals for 2015:
1. Spend more time with family.
2. Live life your way, after all its the only one you got.
3. Travel the world, start with your surroundings
4. Enlist bungee jumping and scuba diving in your adventure sport list
5. Focus on the career
6. Add some spice to the boring life 🙂
7. Lose some weight, not that I am overweight, ok I am a little overweight , confess 🙂
8. Get a pet/ Spend more time with pets. I got a pet this year and it has added much happiness to my life. They are undemanding and trustworthy.
I will keep adding to this list as and when time permits, past year has been a very hectic one. There have been some setbacks concerning my mom’s health but she is improving now. God bless her with a long healthy life. But all in all, it has taught me a lot, I have grown as a person….nah not the age, duh. I have been this boring mature person always but last year has taught me that its ok to laugh your heart out once in a while. I realized I have a great sense of humor , and a lot of new interests have been developed, including blogging. I have come to meet like-minded friends online and it has helped me realize my potential as a writer.
Come what may, it is my goal to make the new year a better one. So what are your goals for the new year?As the days go by from morning to evening make each day a memorable one and let them be happy memories. To all my friends here celebrating tomorrow, wishing you a MERRY CHRISTMAS and to every one A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
“Grateful for each hand we hold, gathered round this table. From far and near we travel home, blessed that we are able. Grateful for this sheltered place, with light in every window. Say welcome, welcome, share this feast. Come in away from sorrow.” Says this wonderful song by Mary Chapin Carpenter.
How true is that!! Here in India, we do not celebrate a dedicated Thanksgiving day , but then there is so much to thank for that every day of the year would be inadequate. I sometimes procrastinate, no wait, I procrastinate a lot. But on this occasion, I am thankful and I want to thank a couple of folks. So here goes the list:
1.Thank you to all my blog followers for encouraging me to write, I had never written before except the college journals or the exams….such a pain, I know.
2. Thank you to all the likes and comments, it helps me improve by understanding my readers perspective of my posts.
3. Thank you God for my wonderful folks back home who wait endlessly for my writing penchant to be reproduced on paper, or in this case, my blog and then appreciate it no matter how crap it is! 🙂
4. Thank you NaBloPoMo for providing me wonderful prompts this month where I try to write daily, well almost 🙂
5. Thank you God for my wonderful friends who believe in me and patiently listen to my rantings about my writer’s block, and everything else 🙂
6.Ah! WordPress for giving me this platform , sounds cheesy ….haha
7.Thank you for making it through till the end.
Before this turns into an Oscar award speech, let me end it here and take this opportunity to thank every single person who has impacted my life in a positive way and even those that did so in any negative way because that gives me the strength and determination to stay stronger.
The quill rests on the paper
The ink is blue but not real
I dream of warriors and swords
But battle with a pen
Because as they say
A pen is mightier than the sword
Triumphantly I walk towards the door
At having written for NaNoWriMo
Eclectic to have a protagonist that reflects my inner soul
And wait for the next inspiration to adore
the beauty of the pages on my new diary
But as I pen down my words I get weary
Eyelids battle to shut and coffee gives no respite
But write I must despite
For my story is my soul
And getting published is a writer’s ultimate goal